The Square Up payments integrates your WooCommerce online store with the popular Square API. You can accept all major credit cards with WooCommerce and Square UP.
The Square API provides a secure form for the customers to enter the card details. If you are already using Square POS for your offline store, then this plugin will help you use accept payments in your online store. Thus your payments are kept in one gateway.
- Square eCommerce payments is only available in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and Japan
- Your store currency should USD, CAD, AUD, GBP, EUR or JPY
- Your website should have SSL (HTTPS enabled). It is a requirement enforced by Square. The payment form must be generated on a webpage that uses HTTPS, with one exception: you can test on localhost without using HTTPS.
Card nonces expire after 24 hours.
If you are using sandbox mode for your transactions, those transactions details will not appear in Squareup dashboard.
- WooCommerce 2.6.0+
- PHP version 5.4+
- WordPress 4.4+
- Square account
- An SSL Certificate
- Download the Woocommerce squareup payments in .zip file
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
Where to find your Application ID and Access token for your sandbox account ?
- Log into Squareup application dashboard https://connect.squareup.com/apps
- If you don't have any existing application, click on New Application to create new application.
3. If applications exists, Click the application you want sandbox credentials for, then refer to the Sandbox section at the bottom.
4. Copy the application ID and access token and paste them in our Squareup payments plugin configuration page.
Setup and configuration
- Go to Woocommerce > Settings > Checkout tab > Squareup payment
- Enable / Disable : Tick the checkbox if you wish to use Square as a payment option.
- Enter a Title : Text entered here will be displayed to customers during checkout.
- Description : You can add your payment method description. The description text added here will be displayed during checkout.
- Application ID : Enter the Application ID associated with your squareup account.
- Access token : Enter the Access token associated with your squareup account. After entering your application ID and access token, save the settings.
- Location ID : Set the location of your store to match the location on Square. Location will be listed once you entered and saved your Application ID and Access token.
- Squareup Sandbox : Squareup payment offers sandbox feature to test your store. If you would like to use squareup sandbox feature, select the checkbox "Enable Squareup sandbox" to use squareup sandbox feature. Otherwise, don't select the checkbox.
- Sandbox/Test Application id : Enter the Application ID associated with your squareup sandbox account.
- Sandbox/Test Access token : Enter the Access token associated with your squareup sandbox account.
- Sandbox Location Id : After entering your sandbox application ID and access token, save your settings. Locations will be listed and you can set the location of your store to match the location on Square. If you are using sandbox mode for your transactions, those transactions details will not appear in Squareup dashboard.
- Delay Capture : Allows you to pre-authorize a charge and not capture it until later.
- Create Customer : Create a customer profile on Square when a customer checks out on your WooCommerce store.
- Debug Log : Enable this for troubleshooting issues with the sync process. Don't enable this in live site.