Cart Discount Rules
Cart Discount Rules
The rules defined here will be applied in cart section (i.e.) it allows you to apply discounts based on following conditions:
- Cart Subtotal - Use this condition if you would like to apply discount based on order sub-total value.
- Subtotal at least - This condition applies when order sub-total is greater or equal to certain value you have given. For example, order subtotal greater than $500 or equal to.
- Subtotal less than - This condition applies when order sub-total is below or equal to certain value you have given. For example, order subtotal less than $500.
- Cart Item Count - Use this condition if you would like to apply discount based on cart items
- Count of cart items at least - For example, the condition applies when your cart contains atleast 4 items or more than 4 items.
- Count of cart items less than - For example, the condition applies when your cart contains less than 4 items.
- Quantity Sum - It works based on sum of item quantities (i.e) it counts the quantity of every single item in your cart.
- Sum of item quantities at least - Consider you have chosen this condition and set the condition value like this Sum of item quantities at least 10. Now consider your cart contains two items (Item 1 with quantity 5 and Item 2 with quantity 6). So now the cart contains total of 11 quantities and it matches the condition and discount will apply.
- Sum of item quantities less than - It is similar to the above condition but the difference is that it works when your cart contains Sum of item quantity less than 10.
- Customer Details - It applies the discount based on customer logged in.
- User in list - If you would like to define discount only for certain users, it is possible with this discount condition.
- User role in list - You can apply discount to specific user group or user role.
- Shipping country in list - You can define discount for specific countries.
Here you have to give the priority for the rules created inside Cart discount rules. That is, choose which rule is going to implement first. For example, if you are having multiple rules, those rules will be applied based on the priority you have given.
Note: More than one rule should not have same priority. It should be unique.
2. Rule Name
Enter the unique name for the rule.
3. Rule Description
Enter two line description about the rule.
Choose the dates between which the discount is valid.
Choose the condition type for cart discount method. You can apply discount on following types of conditions sub-total basis, cart item count, Quantity sum, Customer Details.
Enter the value for the condition in number. For example, 300. So If you select the type Subtotal less than and entered the value 300. The discount rule applies when condition matches Subtotal less than 300.
Choose the discount type and enter the discount value. For example, 5% or $5
Direct link to see the examples here