This is a simple BOGO discount scenario where you buy Product A and get Product B free.
This guide is useful in the following scenarios only:
- You want to provide a specific product free when purchasing another product (Buy A, get B free)
- You know which product to give free
- You want the free product to be "automagically" added to cart
- We also have guide for Buy Product A and get another Product A free (same product)
- We also have guide for Buy any product from the store (or a specific category), get a cheapest product free
- Also check the FAQ section below for a few more scenarios
Note: You will need Woo Discount Rules PRO version to set this discount scenario for Dependent product based rules.
Go to WooCommerce -> Woo Discount Rules -> Price based rules -> Add New
Make sure you choose the "Quantity based by product/category and BOGO Deals"
Choose the "Specific products" and select the product the customer should purchase to get eligibility for the free product.
IMPORTANT: Choose only one product here for scenarios like "Buy Product A and get Product B free (or 50% discount)
- The Min - Max quantity range should be set according to the number of products you wanted to give free. This will be useful when you want: Buy 1 Product A and get 1 Product B free. Buy 2 Product A and get 2 Product B free... and so on.
- Adjustment type should be "Product discount"
- Apply for should be "Auto add All selected products"
- Free quantity should be the quantity you wanted to give free.
NOTE: You can configure as many ranges as you like.
Now when a customer adds iPhone, he will get 1 quantity of Pendrive free.
If customer adds 2 quantities of iPhone, he will get 2 quantities of Pendrive free
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to provide 50% discount on Product B, when Product A is purchased ?
In the discount tab, instead of setting it to 100%, set it to Limited Percentage -> 50%
2. How to provide 50% discount on all products in the store, when Product A is purchased?
3. How to provide "Buy any product from Category A, get Product X free?
In the Conditions tab, please choose "Specific Categories"
4. I want the customers to select the size (in other words, a variant needs to be selected by the customer in the free product)
This scenario occurs when the free product is a "variable product". Example: A T-Shirt.
So the customer should select the size or colour of the T-Shirt and add it to cart. And then get it free.
To configure this scenario, the general and conditions tabs follow the same set up as mentioned above. In the discount tab, choose the Apply for as "Cheapest in cart - Selected items"
IMPORTANT NOTE: The customer has to select the variant and add to cart to get the discount.
Still Unclear ?
Please submit a support request or leave your question and email by clicking the Live Chat button below.
We are always happy to assist you :)