What is Loco Translate?
- It is a free wordpress plugin useful for translating your WordPress theme or plugins into a language other than the one it originally comes in (which is typically English).
Why Loco Translate :
- It has a built-in translation editor.
- Simple way to translate theme/plugin files directly from Wordpress Dashboard.
Let's take an example of translating the discount table content :
Step 1: Installation and Activation :
- You can search for the loco translate plugin from the plugin section.
- Click on Install now and activate the plugin.
Now that the LOCO Translate plugin is installed, let's start using it.
- Navigate to Loco Translate --> Plugins --> Search for "Woo discount Rules".
Step 2: (Only required if you dont see your language displayed in the Loco translate . If you see your language, you can skip this step)
- Select Woo discount Rules and click on New language.
- Choose the installed language from Wordpress and choose the location as " plugins/woo-discount-rules/i18n/languages/".
- Click on Start Translating.
Step 3: Start Translating
- Click on the language.
- Search for the content which you want to translate and enter the translated message and click on save.
- Similar way, you can translate for all your desired texts.
Here is a screenshot of product page after translating :
- The translated texts will be visible based on the chosen site language.
Still unclear ?
Please submit a support request. We are always happy to assist you :)