This article will be helpful for people who want to provide discount based on the purchase of products with specific attributes.
- Discount on mug on purchase "M" size T-shirts.
- Discount on "S" T-shirt on purchase of "L" sized T-shirts.
- Discount on "L" T-shirt on purchase on "L" sized T-shirts.
Right way of using attributes in your products
Step 1: Pre-define the Attributes :
VERY VERY IMPORTANT: When you create a variable product, always pre-define the Attributes in the Products -> Attributes section
Then, when you create the Variable product, choose these attributes and add.
Now associate the attribute values and check the "Used for variations" checkbox.
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT select the "custom product attribute".
If you use "Custom Product Attributes" that is created on-the-fly, then the attribute specific discount will NOT apply. Because WooCommerce does not create any attributes when you use a custom product attribute.
Let us create an example rule.
Navigate to Woocommerce --> Woo Discount Rules.
Here, select Price based rule and click on "Add new rule".
In the general tab, mention a rule name and choose quantity based product/category and BOGO deals as the method.
Now, let's specify the attribute in the condition tab.
Here I have chosen a 16GB memory card as my specific attribute.
So now, lets see the different discounts possible.
- Buy 1 memory card(16 GB) and get 20% discount on another 16GB memory card.
- Buy memory card(16 GB) and get 4 GB memory card for free
- Buy memory card(16 GB) and get 40% discount on cap.
I have more questions
Contact us via the Live Chat button below with your discount requirements. Let us guide you or you can also submit a support request.
We are always happy to assist you :)