Buy X and Get Y is the most popular BOGO deal in the eCommerce world.
Buy X Get Y can be of 3 main types:
- all products
Here are the common discount scenarios used:
- Buy 2 and get 1 free (cheapest or highest)
- Buy 1 and get the second product (cheapest or highest) at 50% discount (see the FAQ below)
- Buy 2 and get 1 free (repeat). That is Buy 4, get 2 free. Buy 6, get 3 free and so on
- Buy 2 and get the third item free (see FAQ at the bottom)
- Buy 2 from Category A and get 1 free from the same Category A (See FAQ at the bottom)
- Buy any 1 product from Category A and get 1 product from Category B free (see FAQ)
The quantities used here are just examples. You can adopt this example to your requirements.
For instance, you may want to provide,
- Buy 5 and get 1 cheapest among them free
- Buy 4, get the 5th free - usually the cheapest or the highest priced
In the above cases, all you need to do is, just adjust the "Min" and "Max" quantity fields in the discount tab. The purpose of the Min - Max fields is to provide you the flexibility.
You can use the recursive option if it is a only q quantity based increase of the products in cart and the free items.
Example 1: Buy 2 and get 1 free (cheapest or highest)
Navigate to Woocommerce -> Woo Discount Rules -> Add New Rule.
After Entering into the rule page, just add the rule name and you can select the Simple Discount Type "Buy X get Y" from the Drop-down "Select Discount Type"
For Buy 2 get 1 free (cheapest) on the whole cart:
So, for every 2 quantities added in the cart will get 1 cheapest product for free :
Example 2: Buy 1 from Category A and get 1 from Category B for Free (Repeat)
Example 3: Buy 2 from Category A and get 1 free from the same Category A
Similarly, you can do for Separate products and categories of for all the products.
Still unclear ?
Please submit a support request. We are always happy to assist you :)