Buy X and Get Y is the most popular BOGO deal in the e-commerce world.
Buy X Get Y can be of 3 main types:
- All products
Discount options available are:
- Free -> Selected number of quantities of product will be Free.
- Percentage discount.
- Fixed discount -> a fixed price discount will be applied to the quantities.
Here are the common discount scenarios used:
- Buy any 1 product from Category A and get 1 product from Category B free or % discount (Click here)
- Auto add specific products for free to cart - Examples
- Buy 2 and get 1 free (cheapest or highest).
- Buy 1 and get the second product (cheapest or highest) at 50% discount (see the FAQ below).
- Buy 2 and get 1 free (repeat). That is Buy 4, get 2 free. Buy 6, get 3 free, and so on.
- Buy 2 or more products and get one products as free (non-recursive).
The quantities used here are just examples. You can adapt this example to your requirements.
For instance, you may want to provide,
- Buy 5 and get 1 cheapest among them free
- Buy 4, get the 5th free - usually the cheapest or the highest priced
In the above cases, all you need to do is, just adjust the "Min" and "Max" quantity fields in the discount tab. The purpose of the Min-Max fields is to provide you the flexibility.
You can use the recursive option if it is an only quantity based increase of the products in the cart and the free items.
Example 1: Buy 2 and get 1 free (cheapest or highest)
Navigate to WooCommerce ⇾ Woo Discount Rules ⇾ Add New Rule.
After Entering into the rule page, just add the rule name, and you can select the Simple Discount Type "Buy X get Y" from the Drop-down "Select Discount Type"
For Buy 2, get 1 free (cheapest) on the whole cart:
So, for every 2 quantities added in the cart will get 1 cheapest product for free :
Example 2: Buy 1 from Category A and get 1 from Category B for Free (Repeat)
Example 3: Buy 2 from Category A and get 1 free from the same Category A
Similarly, you can do for separate products and categories and also for all the products.
Example 4: Buy 2 or more products and get one products as free (non-recursive).
So, when the customer buys 2 or more products only one product will be given as free.
Auto Add Free Products:
Please click below link to learn how to Auto Add Free Products to the cart.
More Buy X Get Y Examples:
Please submit a support request. We are always happy to assist you :)