What is Loco Translate?
- It is a free WordPress plugin useful for translating your WordPress theme or plugins into a language other than the one it originally comes in (which is typically English).
Why Loco Translate :
- It has a built-in translation editor.
- A simple way to translate theme/plugin files directly from the WordPress Dashboard.
Let's take an example of translating the texts discount and free:
Step 1: Installation and Activation :
- You can search for the loco translate plugin from the plugin section.
- Click on Install now and activate the plugin.
Now that the LOCO Translate plugin is installed, let's start using it.
- Navigate to Loco Translate --> Plugins --> Search for "Woo discount Rules PRO 2.0".
Step 2: (Only required if you don't see your language displayed in the Loco translate . If you see your language, you can skip this step)
- Select Woo discount Rules PRO 2.0 and click on New language.
- Choose the installed language from WordPress and choose the location as " languages/plugins/woo-discount-rules-pro-/".
- Click on Start Translating.
Step 3: Start Translating
- Click on the language.
- Search for the content which you want to translate and enter the translated message and click on save.
- Similarly, you can translate for all your desired texts.
Here is a screenshot of cart page after translating :
Frequently Asked Questions:
The text is not shown when I try to search, what should I do?
If the text is not shown, you might have to first add the text in the template.
Example: I am adding the text free.
Once you did this, select the language and translate it.
- Always make sure to choose the second option in the choose a location.
(System) in the loco translate plugin.
- The translated texts will be visible based on the chosen site language.
Please submit a support request. We are always happy to assist you :)