There will be situations when you want to apply the dynamic pricing discounts after the customer enters a valid coupon code.
WooCommerce Discount Rules normally apply the matching discount rules automatically. Most of the store owners would prefer to offer the dynamic discount rules this way.
But there will be situations when you wanted to provide a specific coupon to the customers and tie one or more rules to the coupon.
Common Scenarios are:
- One coupon code gives a 10% discount on Category A, another coupon gives a 20% discount on Category B and 30% on Category C and so on.
The COUPON conditions will be in Rules(optional).
You can select your desired coupon condition and set the rules.
What you will need to do this?
Two methods of activating discounts :
- Create your own coupon
- Create coupon via Woocommerce - The default feature... You need this to create a dummy coupon code.
Let's get started :
Method 1 :
Create your own coupon (Easier & Recommended)
In the condition of the discount rule, you can choose "create your own coupon".
Discounts will be activated when this coupon code is entered in the cart.
Method 2 :
Create a coupon code via Woocommerce
Let's first create a coupon code with a 0 discount. Since the plugin will dynamically apply the discount amount, the coupon code should be created with a 0 discount. Otherwise, customers would end up getting more discounts!
Go to WooCommerce -> Coupons -> Create a coupon
See the below screenshot
Step 1: Creating a coupon
- "Discount type" field is set to "Percentage discount"
- Coupon amount is set to "0"
The rule will not work if you set a wrong discount type
You can then associate this coupon bu choosing Apply if anyone coupon is applied(Select from Woocommerce)
- You need to follow any one of the above methods (DO NOT follow Method 2 if you already followed Method 1)
Let's take an example :
Scenario 1 :
Buy more than 4 quantities from the Apparel category and apply a coupon "SUMMER" and get a 15 % discount.
Go to WooCommerce -> Woo Discount Rules --> Click Add New Rule.
Then, you can select the discount type as Bulk adjustment and choose the coupon condition.
The discounts will be applied in the cart when the coupon SUMMER is entered.
I need to create a 'one' coupon that can be used any number of times but can only be used once per customer. (usage limit to 1 time per user)
Here are the step-by-step configuration, that you want to follow up to set usage limit to coupon codes to 1 time per user:
- Go to Woocommerce -> Coupons, and create your coupon code.
- Set the percentage discount to 0 value.
- In Usage Limits, set the usage limit to 1 time per user
Then you can use this coupon code in Discount rules plugin and create your discount rules.
Here is a screenshot of rule setup :
Still unclear ?
Please submit a support request. We are always happy to assist you :)